kim haggin rossi
Creative and diversely skilled graphic design and marketing professional with many years of experience in print and interactive design, branding and brand management, marketing, advertising and social media. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude for concise writing. Rich imagination, prolific at generating fun, clever and unique design and marketing concepts and strategies. Skilled at managing all stages of design projects from concept through final production and implementation. Works well managing several projects simultaneously. Always open to learning and taking on new projects.
- SIGN GEEKS - Photo Exhibit, July 2014
- MILKING "GOT MILK?" - Conceptualized, designed, maintain photo blog of the ad campaign that won’t go away.
- OLD SPANISH DAYS FIESTA - 2008 Poster Competition Winner
- KIMTEES - Conceptualized, designed, implemented graphics and marketing materials for line of maternity, infant and toddler apparel and gifts.
- NIKE (MetaDesign) - Managed the design team for the opening of Niketown Honolulu. Conducted research to support and contribute to editorial and visual aspects of design projects. Organized and maintained project materials.
- GYMBOREE (Pentagram Design) - Managed account. Drafted proposals. Scheduled, attended and participated in client meetings and presentations. Managed several design projects simultaneously including print catalog, pack aging, retail graphics, and architectural concepts.
- MICROSOFT (Landor Associates) - Designed/produced packaging graphics and collateral for the launch of MS Office 95.
- SPECTRUM FOODS, INC. - Executed design projects (ads, direct mail, event graphics, in-store promos, signage, menus...) from concept through final production and implementation for eight separate restaurant concepts.
- APRIL GREIMAN, INC. - Production artist/studio assistant (answered phones, organized project folders, did whatever needed to be done).
additional skills + expertise
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Project planning and management.
- Meticulously organized at maintaining digital and/or printed project files.
- Printing supervision, press checks.
- Photography, photo shoot management, art direction, stylist, prop acquisition, catering for clients.
- Wordpress and Squarespace platforms.
- Independent Freelance Designer | Santa Barbara, CA 2008-present
- milkinggotmilk.com, Santa Barbara, CA | 2009 – present
- Old Spanish Days Fiesta, Santa Barbara, CA | 2008
- kimtees, Santa Barbara, CA | Designer, Owner, 2005-08
- CooperPhoto, SF, CA | Marketing Manager, 1997-2000
- MetaDesign, SF, CA | Project Manager, 1996 –1997
- Pentagram, SF, CA | Freelance Account Manager, 1995-96
- Landor Associates, SF, CA | Freelance Designer, 1995
- Spectrum Foods, Inc., SF, CA | Graphics Manager, 1991-94
- Landor Associates, SF, CA | Designer, 1990-91
- April Greiman, Inc., LA, CA | Production/Office Assistant, 1986-88
education + training
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Graphic Design | University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, 1985
- Creative Non-Fiction | SBCC, Santa Barbara, CA, Fall 2009
- Advanced Web Techniques | UCSB Extension, Santa Barbara, CA, Winter 2009